Tuesday, November 23, 2004

 

from Tim Casey

My sincerest condolences to Ron's family, his friends and his colleagues. I am sure he will be missed by you all - he will certainly be missed by me.

I had the great pleasure of hiring Ron and his firm to work for me on Internet legislation when I was at MCI, which led to spending a lot of time with Ron over a period of years. Perhaps our greatest achievements together were in making sure bad things didn't happen, but much good sprang forth from Ron as well. I had no idea what I was doing at the federal level when I started and learned everything I could from Ron - I will always be grateful for his kind soul, his enormous intellect, and his lessons on how to be a nice guy that didn't get taken advantage of by others.

I envy those of you who had seen him lately, for I had not, having moved to a different firm and out of the everyday policy world. We traveled in different planes now and I saw him rarely, but I will never forget. I had been meaning to call him to tell him I was moving back west, getting back into policy, and to arrange a get together. Sigh.

Thanks, Ron, for all the wonderful memories!

Tim Casey




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?